Sustainable project management is a rapidly growing discipline. With changing expectations of consumers and investors and the emergence of the millennial generations, organizations are actively incorporating socially responsible and environmentally friendly practices into their operating model.
The discipline of project management is also under intense need to not only deliver but to do so in a way that does not create undue impacts on society or the environment. Written by an international team of thought leaders in sustainable project management, this book unpacks the theory and provides a practical approach to ensure that not only are projects are managed sustainably, but the products that the project deliver are also sustainable. Through the detailed PRiSM methodology, this book provides practical steps for project managers to assess and minimize the impact on the planet, on society and create prosperity for all.
In this book you will learn:
• Why sustainable project management is essential for modern organizations and why it is the new normal
• The underpinning principles of sustainable project management
• How project managers can be professional and ethical and in doing so be sustainable
• How the PRiSM methodology can be used to assess and minimize project impacts
• The critical roles that governance, benefits, value and organizational change play in ensuring projects are sustainably packed with simple and easy to apply concepts.
This groundbreaking book from the leader the pioneers in sustainable projects is essential reading for project sponsors, project managers in any industry and students of project management.